A perfect introduction to the country’s rich legendary history and vibrant cultural scenario, Golden Triangle Tours takes one on three of the most coveted destinations in India. This special tour across northern India encompasses tour of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur which are three of the culturally most thriving cities of the nation and are laden with several jewels of Indian heritage. Therefore a journey across Golden Triangle Tours in India takes one on a whirlwind ride to some of the most fascinating palaces and historic monuments, colorful bazaars, performing art scenes, culinary fests and much more.
Delhi: Most of Golden Triangle Tours begin from the national capital, Delhi. The city has been the seat of power since ages has constantly witnessed power struggle between mighty rulers and thus was plundered several times. However, the spirits of Delhi never let it down and it always emerged from its loss in almost no time. Today it is the hub of cultural, educational, industrial and political activities. Highlights of Delhi tour are:
- Sightseeing tour of UNESCO World Heritage Site- Red Fort. The fort established in 17th century on commands of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan is a symbol of the country’s sovereignty and rich past.
- Visit to Jama Masjid which is one of the largest mosques in India.
- Shopping for jewels and other trinkets at Chandni Chowk Bazaar.
- Sightseeing tour of Victorian age edifices such as President’s House also, other significant attractions such as war memorial-India Gate, Connaught Place and Jantar Mantar.
Jaipur: The national capital is expected to be this attractive, but the renowned ‘Pink City’- Jaipur is no-less. The beauty of the city lies in its red-stucco edifices which have faded to a beauteous pink today. Highlights of the city tour include:
- A ride up to the hilltop Amber Fort to enjoy aerial views of entire city. Enjoy photography expedition at Amber Fort which is one of the most striking edifice in the city.
- Hawa Mahal or Palace of Winds was built in 1799 for royal ladies and was decked with 953 ornamented windows to let women of royal families observe daily processions of the city
- Other sightseeing attractions in the city are Nahargarh Fort, Jaigarh Fort, Jantar Mantar and more.
Agra: The city itself epitomizes regal splendor and its remarkable architectural wealth is admired world over.
- Taj Mahal is the most striking attraction of the city. One of the Seven Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Taj Mahal is a spectacular display of love and wealth.
- Other fascinating UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the city are Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri. Both of these edifices are remarkably adorned with intricate designing and enchanting infrastructure.
While amateur travelers opting for Golden Triangle Tours like to stick to the planned itinerary, little experienced travelers should plan things differently with their travel operator and try hands at off-beaten tracks to be able to discover other hidden aspects of legendary Golden Triangle Tours.